Meeting Minutes, Dec 2, 2007
Lawrence Memorial Hospital,
Members present: Members present: Steve R., Ellen Y., Gene W., Dee B., Molly W., Becky M., Ed
P., Don C., Nate R., and Celeste L.
1. Treasurer's Report: Molly continues to receive bills for the Thanksgiving Day Run. She will report the balance once those are reconciled.
2. Review of Thanksgiving Day Run
2.1 There were 39 day of race registrations with a total of 491 paid registered runners. The cost of the timing chip system was $739.50.
Race favorites were the shirts, medals and cookies.
2.2 The race will eventually break even in terms of expenses and income after the final order of shirts for volunteers are paid.
2.3 Ideas for next year included obtaining a sponsor to help with the cost of the shirts; moving the staging/registration area to a larger building (perhaps the Ballard Center or Woodlawn School) and giving headbands or less expensive shirts.
3. Bert Nash's Nash Dash; discussion of runLawrence involvement: this item was not discussed.
4. Reminder for everyone to renew their membership for 2008.
5. RRCA membership/insurance papers have been
- Jan. 19th- Topeka to Auburn Half-Marathon
- March 29th - Dam Run 5K and 12 K