Meeting Minutes, Feb , 2007
runLawrence Club Meeting
Feb. 4, 2007
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
1) Reports on club equipment
- Gene Wee presented a sample from the Richmond Road Runners Club that
listed services provided and prices for the support of local races
- There was some discussion of the ramifications of providing like
services in the Lawrence area by runLawrence members to the detriment
of fewer opportunities for members to participate in events as
- Don reported information he had researched regarding music for races.
- The club has received a request from a group who would like to use
the clock March 31st.
- The members present decided to hold plans for purchase of new
equipment until such a time as careful thought and consideration
regarding the guiding purposes of the club could be provided by the
2) Dam Run (March 24th) volunteers
- Gene provided a detailed outline of the tasks and responsibilities
necessary for support of the run.
- Molly will head up the finish line.
- Ed Payne will mark the course along with Parks and Rec staff.
- Gene and Ed will certify the 5K course
- Dee will confirm the monetary piece with Parks and Rec
- Several other volunteer positions—finish line workers, results,
awards, course marshals and refreshments remain in need of workers.
- Some City of Lawrence staff members will be involved with race support.
- It was noted that this date conflicts with the Sedalia half-marathon.
3) Shamrock Shuffle
- Dennis Anthony visited the meeting to gather information about the
club's capacity to support the shuffle.
- Dennis gave some history of the race; that it is for charity, was
started 12 years ago, last year there were 480 participants. The
organizers want to minimize expenses in order to maximize the proceeds
available to the charity.
- The course is not certified, and appears to have outgrown its levee
venue. Two finish chutes were needed for last year's race.
- Club members suggested other resources for Dennis to investigate for support.
- Dennis will contact club members again after he discusses options
with his race organizers.
4) Web Site honored
- Congratulations to Gene for the award winning work he does in
developing and maintaining the club website.
- The runLawrence site was selected as one of the top three in the
nations for clubs with fewer than 500 members.
5) New club t-shirts have been ordered
- Dee Boeck brought the new t-shirts for members to consider for purchase.
- In addition, there remains a good selection of Thanksgiving Run
shirts also available for purchase for $12 each in S M L XL and
- Dee asked the members to consider giving a t-shirt as a door prize
at the monthly club meetings.
6) Other upcoming races: Brew to Brew, Lawrence half-marathon
- Dee will work on the registration for Brew to Brew.
- The Lawrence half marathon has about 100 entrants so far.
- Information for the run is available at: lawrencehalfmarathon.com
including course maps.
7) Molly reported a treasury balance of $4304.34.