Meeting Minutes, Jan 7, 2007
The first item on the agenda was to discuss needed club equipment to
help the races operate more efficiently and give the runners better
- A tent to shelter the finish line, timers and timing equipment
- Pace indicator signs, mile indicator signs directional signs and a
- Purchase or lease a laptop computer for timing and results
- Purchase or lease a music system for the Thanksgiving Day run
Also discussed were incentives for new membership. One possibility was giving new members a club t-shirt.
The club welcomed new members Steve and Marcia Riley.
Future races were discussed:
- Jan. 20
- Topeka to Auburn half marathon
- Jan. 28
- Groundhog Run in Kansas City
- March 17
- Shamrock Shuffle
- March 24
- Dam Run in Lawrence
- April 1
- Brew to Brew, Kansas City to Lawrence
- April 15
- Lawrence half marathon, 5K and 1 mile
Gene Wee would like volunteers to assist with the Dam Run.