Meeting Minutes, July 1, 2007
Lawrence Memorial Hospital,
- Introduction of members:
Gene Wee & Dee Boeck, Greg Burger, Ellen Young, Ed Payne, Fran & Dan Breslauer, John & Janet Huchingson, Nate Rovenstine, Shannon Hodges and
baby, Don & Lori Cackler. Everyone was asked to mention where they were born (city, county, state).
- Minutes of the June meeting passed.
- Treasurer's Report - the balance is approximately $4200.
- Thanksgiving Day Run: see the attached progress report from Gene for details.
- Other business:
- Shannon spoke about her 8 week beginning female runner's camp,
which is going well. She said the Journal World is planning an
article about the camp.
- The Quivira Mile run may be canceled because too few runner's have
- Club members wondered if there was an interest in going out for
dinner following the monthly meetings.
- The new membership list was distributed. The Keith Meyers family
recently joined. The family includes a 14 year old daughter who is a
- The club has running resource books available for check-out, see
Janet for details.
- Ellen and Red Dog need workers for the August 11th Boys and Girls
Club fun run.
- Greg needs volunteers and publicity to assist in the Midwest
Mayhem Triathalon at Lone Star July 22nd. The race does donate to
runLawrence as a thank you for our assistance. Greg gave the members
present water bottles.
- There is a 50 k trail run in the plans to be located at Perry
Lake. Greg and Ed would also like to construct and promote a 100K
trail run sometime in the future. They are looking at colder weather
months, perhaps December.
- The club received a thank you note from Pathways for race support.
The next runLawrence meeting date is Sunday, August 5th at 4 pm.