Meeting Minutes, Sept 2, 2007
Lawrence Memorial Hospital,
- Treasurer's report:
- The club received $60.00 from the Red Dog Boys & Girls Club Run.
- FedEx/Kinko's printed our Thanksgiving Day run flyers for $90.00 and
agreed to sponsor the race.
- Dennis Anthony is also a sponsor of the Thanksgiving Day run for $150.00.
- Report on past races: Greg updated the members regarding his recent race adventures. He
is currently in third place in his current series of races.
- Dee planned to run the Leawood race Sept. 3rd.
- Thanksgiving Day Run
- Sponsors: please see treasurer's report.
Dillons, Hy-Vee, Great
Harvest, and rungirl, will be sponsors. The Merc has not been
confirmed. Members would like a public announcement to be given
acknowledging the sponsors on the day of the race.
- Medals; Ellen brought examples from Jayhawk Trophy for the
members to view. The options included a basic medal for $2.50 with a
.50 per line fee for the engraving on the back. One sample had a
mylar background for $4.00. There was a spinner-style medal as well.
Neck ribbons in black or orange/brown were .75. Red white and blue
ribbons were .50. The club will order 84 medals.
- Shirts; they will not be available until Wed morning on Nov
21. The cost this year is $13. 45, and increase of $1.50. We will
need volunteers to distribute shirts on race day for those who do not
pick them up at Francis Sporting Goods the day prior. Typically Fran and Dan Breslauer
helped Dee distribute packets from 3:00-6:00 the day before
Thanksgiving. New volunteers are needed at Francis since the Breslauers moved
out of state.
- Awards: there was no new information regarding this topic.
- Registration forms; Gene distributed forms to the members present.
- Other items discussed included:
- Ed and Greg are course marshals
and will take care of the bicycle which follows the last runner. They need more course marshals to assist them.
- John McClure, Tammy Spray, and Shannon Hodges may man the first aid station again this year.
- We need volunteers to pick up food on Wednesday as well as members to set out the food on the race day.
- Dee and Celeste will do the depot setup on Wed, the day before.
- Ellen needs an assistant awards coordinator. The club will also ask Dog Days for volunteers closer to Thanksgiving.
- We need to order port-a-potties from Anderson rental.
- We need to order safety pins from reliable racing supply.
- We would like two people to write results for back-up to the chip system.
- Volunteers who traditionally
worked results can help collect chips in the corral. Molly has coordinated registration and will need 4-5 assistants, Ellen volunteered to assist with this. We would like John Huchingson to consider
being the race day announcer, using the PA Ed will set up.
- Gene will give finalized course information to LPD when Ed has finalized it.
agreed to contact the EMT/medical services as well. We discussed the
- Johnny's is willing to allow parking in their lot.
- Upcoming races:
- Sun Sep 9 Mass Street Mile—runLawrence clock will be used
- Sat Sep 15 Clinton North Shore Trail Run
- Oct 7 Sandrat Trail Run
- Oct 13 Topeka half and 5K
- Oct 13 Jared Coones 5K
- Oct 20 KC marathon/half marathon
- Oct 27 WOW 5K
- Oct 27 KU Spirit Squad Run
- Nov. 3 Parks and Rec Turkey Trot
- Nov. 17 Fields of Promise 5K
- Thur Nov. 22 runLawrence Thanksgiving Day 5K
- Sun Dec 2 Clinton Cross Country Challenge
- Other items:
- Greg would like the levee to be certified.
- Because the City of Lawrence is cutting costs to meet a tight
budget, it was suggested that they provide two free entries to
runLawrence in exchange for the use of the clock at city-sponsored
- Club members should nominate new officers to begin serving in