Meeting Minutes, Jan 6, 2008
Lawrence Memorial Hospital,
Members present: Becky, Ed, Don, Lori, Lara, and Karen H.
- V.P. Don Cackler presided while Ellen Young was out of town. Don read this information: Treasurer's report; Therapy
Works paid $125 for a 3 month ad on the website. This covers the annual cost of our web hosting. John Huchingson will be registered to handle the checking account as well as to receive the bank statements
and account balance information from Molly in mid-January. The current club account balance was unavailable.
- T-shirts from the Thanksgiving Day Run for members and volunteers
are just about ready.
- RRCA calendars are free to members who have paid their 2008 dues.
- About 12 volunteers are needed for the Dam Run on March 29.
This is the same day as the Olathe Marathon and 5K, so some of our
members may be unavailable. Ed plans to mark the course; however, he
will be in Olathe the day of the run. Members wondered what our
current agreement was regarding this Dam Run with Duane Peterson in
terms of compensation to the club for use of the clock and volunteer
- Other items: Lara returned the book, The Other Shulman. Dee and
Karen are tentively planning to run the Topeka to Auburn half, pending
Karen's recovery from an injury.
- Jan 19 Topeka to Auburn Half Marathon
- Jan 26 Vertical Dash for Diabetes, 35 flights atTown Pavilion, KCMO
- Jan 27 Children's TLC Groundhog 5K/10K Hunt Midwest Subtropolis, KCMO
- Feb 9 Psycho WyCo 50K/20M/10M/5K Trail Runs, Wyandotte Co. Lake Park
- March 22 Wild as a March Hare 5K XC and other events, Iliff Commons, Topeka
- March 29 Dam Run 5K/12/K Clinton Outlet Park, Lawrence Parks & Rec
- March 29 Olathe Marathon, Half & 5K