Meeting Minutes, Dec 6, 2009
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Paul Boone, Celeste Leonardi, Becky McClure, Molly Wood, Janet Huchingson, John Huchingson, Dee Boeck, Steve Riley, Gene Wee.
- In the absence of the president and vice president, Dee called the meeting to order.
- Review of Thanksgiving Day 5K
- Financial report was handed out.
- Plans are to select a less expensive cotton shirt, or some other merchandise like gloves, socks, day packs, etc.
- Additional expenses this year included ambulance service.
- The family discount was very popular, but also brought in less income. Suggestion to raise the entry fee to adequately cover costs.
- Dee suggested seeking more sponsors especially from North Lawrence merchants.
- Favorable comments on the new location and course. Parking was apparently adequate.
- John suggested posting signs in the gym where results will be posted. And signs prohibiting food in the gym.
- The gift cards from Francis Sporting Goods were favorably received.
- Steve suggested using an age-graded masters award system.
- Suggestion to add a second table at the water station and to place them on both sides of the road.
- Contribution of $3,000 was proposed to Woodlawn School as the club's contribution from race proceeds. Approved by voice vote: 7 yeas, 1 nay.
For Jan meeting, will discuss contributions to other causes including the junior high club in Lawrence and the Eudora cross country program.
- Election of officers. Slate of officers was Becky McClure, president; Janet Huchingson, vice president; Lori Cackler, secretary; and John Huchingson, treasurer. Molly motioned, Paul second. Officers approved unanimously.
- The meeting adjourned.