Meeting Minutes, Mar 1, 2009
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Becky, Dee, Lori, Don, Gene, and Steve
- The Lawrence Parks and Recreation/runLawrence Dam Run March 28th
will feature new, flatter certified courses. Gene explained the
routes, basically an out and back pattern and showed the entry form.
Volunteers are needed.
- Run for Erica will also be March 28th, the same day as the Dam Run. Entry forms are available at
- Steve is consulting for the course certification for the Olathe Marathon.
- Treasurer’s report was given by Dee. As of Feb. 18, 2009, the
balance is $8,091.71.
- Thanksgiving Day Run 2009: Dee has reserved the Visitor’s Center.
She requested that members check with current sponsors and recruit new
ones as well.
- RunLawrence member Rhonda L. had asked the club to consider
sponsorship of a women’s Divison at the KU Pow Wow by the provision of a
cash award of $225.00. Members present discussed runLawrence’s
purpose, which is primarily the advocacy and support of runners. The
consensus was that the sponsorship request was outside the scope of
the club purpose.
- Brew-to-Brew is April 5th. The runLawrence Team is entered.
- Paul’s Eudora Cross Country team will staff the finish line at the
Shamrock Shuffle March 7th, using runLawrence equipment.
- The hard drive on Gene’s computer crashed, slowing substantially
his timely updates of the website. He believes he can get a diagnosis
and plan to get back up to speed this week.
- Dee and Celeste met to discuss a plan for a club social event/meal
together. They suggested a spring picnic in a park with a menu around
hot dogs and hamburgers.
- There was no other business, the meeting adjourned.
submitted by Lori Cackler