Meeting Minutes, Nov 1, 2009
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Brenda Groskinsky, Steve & Marcia Riley, Celeste Leonardi, Becky McClure, John & Janet Huchingson, Gene Wee & Dee Boeck. Janet presided.
- Treasurer's Report: $8,323.77.
- The club agreed to ask DJ Hilding with Garry Gribble's Running Sports to promote a 20% discount day on Thur, Nov 12th
- John asked everyone to report their most recent running activities. Steve set a new age group record at the Wichita Marathon on Oct 18.
- Thanksgiving Day 5K
- 125 entries have been received so far running slightly ahead of the pace last year.
- Dee, Gene and Larry Spray will meet with the Woodlawn PTO on Wed, Nov 4 to discuss the fun run and also with Charlie Upton on the race announcing details.
- Molly Wood will coordinate the day of race registration along with Brenda, Lexi, the Bramans, Celeste, Jason Hornberger and Bob Woods.
- Jill Nesbit-Daly will help with the awards. There will be no emceed awards ceremony. Medal winners will pick up awards from Jill's staffed table.
- Janet Huchingson will make the indoor directional signs for registration.
- On race day, a sign needs to be posted at the Visitors Center that the race headquarters has moved.
- Packets will be placed in Ascis bags along with the bib numbers, pins, shirts, instructions and any other promo materials.
- Raul Flores will do the results.
- Food donations: Brenda and Dee will coordinate food pick up. Don Cackler will pick up the cookies from HyVee.
- Fun Run will have sign up sheets with a waiver on day of the event. Plans to have these forms filled out earlier than day of run.
- Packet stuffing day: Sun, Nov 22 at LMH, starting at 3 pm. Brenda will see if Lexi and several student volunteers will be available to help. Dee to book the room.,
- Wed, Nov 25 pickup at Francis: workers are Janet, Gene, Dee and Stacy Riggins.
- Need to stress parking limitations this year and to get the word out.
- Need to check on number of directional signs for the course.
- Marcia suggested the club send Chip Anderson and Lawrence High a congratulations on winning the state cross country championships.
- Next meeting, Dec 6th, will be the election of new officers. Need candidate for president.
- Becky won the tee shirt drawing.
- The meeting adjourned.