Meeting Minutes, Oct 4, 2009
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Ellen Young, Don Cackler, Gene Wee, Steve Riley, Lori Cackler, Karen Hyde., and Dee Boeck
- Report on member activities:
Steve said the Sandrat Trail Run had about 90 participants and went well despite an unanticipated detour around an newly fallen giant cottonwood tree. Karen and Dee both won their age divisions in Saturday’s SMA Race-n-Roll 5K. There were about 25 participants at the Mad Dog's John Bunce Memorial Run. Ellen’s surgery went well. She believes she tripped on shoelaces that were too long.
- Thanksgiving Day 5K planning:
Dee passed the medals around for the members to see. Dee will compose a sign-up form with a release for parents/guardians to sign for the fun run. Dee will order porta-potties. It was also suggested that signs be posted to remind participants that Woodlawn School will be a beneficiary of the proceeds. Sizzors Again, Inc. will provide massages after the race. Steve and Gene have certified the course. Gene provided registration forms for members to distribute.
- Dee received information regarding the junior high school cross country running club. A part-time coach has been hired. Students mostly from West Junior High, have participated and several attended a meet already.
- Treasurer’s report: the balance is $7,926.40.
- Club benefits: Garry Gribble will provide a gift certificate discount to new and renewing members. Memberships are for the calendar year. Gene will send out renewal reminders.
- 2010 club officers: Several names were mentioned for president, Janet Huchingson as vice-president, John Huchingson treasurer, Dee Thanksgiving 5K race director and Lori secretary.
- Lori won the tee shirt drawing.
- The meeting adjourned.