Meeting Minutes, Feb 7, 2010
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Becky, Molly, Ellen, John, Janet, Dee, Gene, Karen H. Lori, Don; Chris and Rachel attended the meeting to learn more about the club. They are veteran Chicago marathoners looking for training partners to prepare for the Oct. 10, 2010 event.
- Treasury Report. The balance is $5,191.57. Gene said we have several new members.
- runLawrence had a booth at the KU Wellness Fair January 20th.
- Report on runs; Topeka-Auburn, Groundhog, Several members related their experiences with those runs. They shared information regarding local training and recreational regularly scheduled runs.
- Dee reviewed information regarding the club’s RRCA insurance. The coverage is limited to races that runLawrence conducts directly with funds for the run funneled through our treasury. RRCA has expanded their services to professional companies.
- Volunteers to help with Brew to Brew on April 11, 2010. Dee has volunteered to help at the levee/railroad-crossing checkpoint near Lawrence. There are two shifts available, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers will get lunch at Free State Brewery and a shirt. Members who can help should contact Dee.
- Other Business: Garry Gribble is considering sponsoring a “Mass Street Mile” race in conjunction with the bike race on the Fourth of July weekend. Club members anticipate more information will follow. Janet and John enjoyed a recreational area in Park City Utah recently. We discussed the possibility of sending a member to the national RRCA convention. Dee will reserve a park shelter house for a club cookout/potluck picnic this spring. Five members predicted a Super Bowl win for the Colts; seven said the Saints would win. Chris won the t-shirt drawing.
- The meeting adjourned.