Meeting Minutes, Jan 3, 2010
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Becky McClure, Gene Wee, Dee Boeck, Steve Riley, Lori & Do Cackler, Paul Boone and Chip Anderson
- President Becky called the meeting to order. She thanked Ellen for serving a two-year term as president and congratulated her for finishing her first marathon, the Dallas White Rock on Dec 13.
- Other activities/celebrations included: Paul and a friend ran 12 miles on the bike trail last Saturday. Becky also ran with friends on Saturday in the cold and snow. Several members plan to run the Topeka—Auburn 1/2 marathon Jan. 16th. Celeste will run the KC Ground Hog Run Jan. 31st. Woodlawn School staff sent a thank you card to members for the $3,000 donation from the Thanksgiving Day Run. They will use the money for instructional materials and field trips.
- Dee said the treasury balance on December 29th was $6,783.33. There are approximately $2,000 in outstanding obligations.
- There was discussion regarding donating additonal funds to the two Lawrence high school cross country programs to continue the development of junior high runners as well as to the Eudora cross country program. Motion was made by Don to donate $500 to the Lawrence program and $1,000 to the Eudora program. Dee seconded; the motion passed unanimously. This will leave the treasury with about $2,000 for funding club activities in 2010.
- RunLawrence has paid RRCA dues and insurance for 2010.
- The agenda listed upcoming races. The Horsethief Run will have the same course as last year. Steve certified the May 16th Leavenworth Half Marathon and will do results. The Wichita Half Marathon will be Apr 25th rather than a fall date.
- KU Wellness Fair would like runLawrencee to man an information booth on Wednesday January 20th from 7:30-2:00 p.m.
- Lori won the shirt raffle.
- The meeting adjourned.