Meeting Minutes, Sept 5, 2010
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Barry Nason, Becky McClure, Steve Riley, John Huchingson, Dee Boeck, Gene Wee and guest - Micah Rose.
- Treasurer’s report: John reported the account balance is $4,993.02.
- Dee mentioned the club had talked about making the Thanksgiving Day Run a memorial event for Dick Wilson. More information is still needed.
- Thanksgiving Day 5K update: Gene passed out the printed entry forms and explained the new pricing ($25, $22 per person for families of 3 or more, $30 after Nov 18) includes the cost of signing up on-line which is preferrred to reduce recording errors.
Dee mentioned awards have been orders, EMT service hired, Woodlawn principal and the PTO will handle the fun run details. Also, mentioned RRCA 's reminder that music played at races must have an ASCAP licenses. A request for additional sponsors was made as well as reminder for more volunteers. Greg Burger forwarded a message that student athletic trainers from a KU class may help as part of their community service.
- Gene reported the publishing standards committee met last month and adopted Dick Lipsey's checklist layout to make it easier for race directors to submit their race requests. Starting Jan 1, 2011, all road races will need to be USATF certified to be highlighted on the events calendar. Trail races are excepted. A category system was setup to highlight local races that meet standards, list regional area events and all other local events will be listed in smaller type size. The Kansas Half Marathon, WOW Run, Rev It Up Half Marathon and Nash Dash were discussed.
- Request for voliunteers to help Bob Woods with his Oct 23 5K at Grace Evangelical Presbyterian as well as a need for one person to work the display clock on the Oct 24 Jayhawk Jog the next day.
- 2011 membership applications are now on-line. You can sign up today and be good to Dec 31, 2011. Garry Gribbles Running Sports is now offering a 20% discount for members every day.
- Youth running programs: Micah Rose wanted to learn more about an plans for a youth running program. Several interested parents couldn't make the planned meeting earlier this day and efforts will be made to setup a meeting date in the near future. The flyer for the middle schools cross coutnry program sent in by Chip Anderson was mentioned.
- Other business: entry forms were offered for the WOW Run and the Sandrat Trail Run. Steve won the t-shirt give away.
The meeting adjourned.
Sep 5, 2010