Meeting Minutes, Sunday, August 7, 2011
Lawrence Visitor’s Center
Twenty-four runLawrence Club members and their guests met for a pot luck picnic and a brief meeting. The club provided barbecued meat, beans and drinks. Club president, Becky asked everyone to introduce the person sitting to their right to the whole group, a short business meeting followed.
- Treasurer’s Report: the balance is $4,221.23 following the purchase of new start and finish banners.
- Thanksgiving Day Run: Gene is finalizing web information and the run flyer. Members were asked to suggest possible new sponsors. Dee has developed volunteer job descriptions, which she shared. New this year will be a quilt raffle, black Saucony gloves for the runners, and items for sale from past events. The run will be chip timed, with chips embedded in the race numbers. Wording that encourages registration of walkers will be included in the registration forms. As in the recent past, there will be a free youth fun run organized and carried out by the Woodlawn PTO with medals provided by runLawrence.
- Gene announced the club will be offering "I runLawrence" license plates and bumper stickers that members can purchase. Tehy will be printed by a northLawrence artist. The runLawrence singlet order will be sent out Monday August 8th. About 45 of those were ordered.
- Becky expects to hear soon, the status of our RRCA Runner Friendly Community application. She said other winners have been large urban cities.
- The next meeting will be at Lawrence Memorial Hospital at 4:00 p.m. Sept. 4th.
- The meeting adjourned.