Meeting Minutes, Jan 2, 2011
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members Present: Becky, Gene, Dee, Barry, Don, Sean, Karen, Molly, and Lori.
- Election of officers for 2011: The slate was developed during the December, 2010 meeting. Becky, president; Barry, vice-president; John, treasurer, and Lori, secretary. There were no other nominations. The members present unanimously adopted the slate of officers.
- Treasurer’s report: Dee provided the latest bank statement for review. The current balance is $9,459.08.
- Thanksgiving Day Run 2010: The final count for the run was 811. Members approved giving Woodlawn School $3,000 of the proceeds. Other requests for funds to encourage running programs for youth can be considered for future meetings. Becky or Dee will send e-mails inviting previous recipients to make proposals at runLawrence meetings this year. Becky would like to invite one of the city administrators to begin a conversation for updating the mile markers on the levy both for visibility and accuracy. Another perceived need is for a water fountain near the levy path.
- Dee proposed that we explore the RRCA program that designates communities as “Runner Friendly.” There is an application process and members agreed to pursue this idea. The applications can be submitted anytime and are reviewed for acceptance four times a year. Becky will follow up.
- Memberships for 2011 are due.
- State RRCA meeting: Gene, Dee and Becky attended the meeting. Running clubs reported their activities. The Topeka club traditionally adopts a needy family for Christmas, an idea runLawrence officers voted to emulate via e-mail. $250 provided gifts and food for a family through the Ballard Center. The state organization requested nominations for their “Best of…” awards. Dee would like to complete the paperwork to nominate Janice Woolery as best state representative. Members agreed.
- Don won the shirt give-away. The meeting adjourned.