Meeting Minutes, Mar 6, 2011
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Becky McClure, Dee Boeck, Gene Wee, Celeste Leonardi, John Huchingson, Barry Nason, Don & Lori Cackler, Karen, Alicia Rosales, Brett & Deb Young.
- Treasurer’s Report: John said the balance is $5,497.28. This total reflects awards authorized at the February meeting for Lawrence Junior High program, $1,000; Eudora Middle School program, $250; McLouth Cross Country $500; and Deerfield Elementary’s running club, $300; which were paid since that meeting.
- Becky read aloud thank you letters to the club from award recipients, Kristie Martinez, Gary Freeman, and Paul Boone. In addition, she read a letter from Lawrence Public Schools referencing the donation to Woodlawn School following the Thanksgiving Day Run.
- RRCA Runner Friendly Community application. Becky and Dee presented the draft of the club application they have been diligently composing in order to receive member feedback. Some suggestions were given including adding Clinton Lake trails, availability of drinking fountains on Clinton Parkway, runLawrence’s provision of advice and equipment rental to city events, the city’s maintenance of running trails and adding Francis Sporting Goods to the business list. The application is due May 1, 2011. Becky said the City Commission would be informed regarding the application at Tuesday’s (March 8, 2011) meeting. Becky has received several letters of support to include with the application and is anticipating more.
- Gene distributed a list of volunteer opportunities. Members should contact him regarding availability.
- March 26th Dam Run - help set up and run display clock, ride lead bike
- April 2-3 Brew to Brew - packet pickup and man the last relay station
- April 9 Race Ipsa 5K - help set up display clock and finish cones
- April 9 Topeka church 5K - needing results help—Barry will refer them
- April 20 - staff an information table at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center Wellness Fair - share with Trail Hawks
- April 20-23 KU Relays needs volunteer help, interested persons should contact them
- April 30 Hilltop Hustle - set up finish and do results
- May 14 - St. John's Church 5K - set up display clock, finish line and equipment.
- Dee spoke about the GO article on advice for beginning runners. Several members brought copies.
- The meeting adjourned.