|2011 Thanksgiving Day 5K; the KU Veteran's Day 5K; the Cliff Hanger Run|
Meeting Minutes, Sunday, November 6, 2011 (approved 12/4/11)
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
Members present: Stacy Riggins, Becky McClure, Janet Huchingson, Celeste Leonardi, Dee Boeck, Gene Wee, Don Cackler, Brett Young, Molly Wood, Barry Nason, Karen Hyde, and Lori Cackler.
1. Review and approval of October meeting minutes: Dee moved and Stacy seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be approved.
2. Treasurer’s report: Dee reported the information. The balance is $2703.70. A check to Francis Sporting Goods for $2,000 has been written for Thanksgiving Day Run expenses. $1400.00 in entry fees has been received but not deposited. So far, there have been 200 registrants.
3. Ryan Ross runner’s clinic: Ryan will need to reschedule the clinic he offered to the club.
4. Thanksgiving Day Run: Dee updated the members. She said all but one of the sponsors have sent their donations. Gene will feature each sponsor on the website. Dee attended the last Woodlawn PTO meeting. She said the school community is excited about the event, organized and ready for participation. Since serving as the run site, several Woodlawn patrons and staff have become regular runners. The gym classes will hand out flyers to neighbors notifying them of the run. The t-shirt producer will use an art student’s design as part of the volunteer shirt logo.
5. Runner friendly community: Becky displayed the plaque from RRCA. She will check with the mayor’s office and schedule a time to present it to the City of Lawrence. Members expressed a willingness to attend a City Commission meeting if the presentation should take place there. In addition, RRCA provided about 50 decals that Dee will distribute to businesses and individuals that supported the application process.
6. There was a lively discussion about the Waddell and Reed sponsored Kansas City Marathon. runLawrence participants experienced some nonstandard race policies with the definition of master runner designation, participation in the pasta dinner, results and awards.
7. Election of 2012 officers will be held at the December 4th meeting.
8. runLawrence bumper stickers ($1.00) and license plates ($10.00) are for sale.
9. RRCA area representative Janice Woolery has resigned. There are persons interested in applying for the position.
10. Facebook presence: Alicia and Gene are administrators for the runLawrence page. Gene encouraged savvy members to access and critique the page.
The meeting adjourned.
Nov 27, 2011