Meeting Minutes, Sunday, June 3, 2012 (approved 7/1/12)
Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 4:00 pm.
Members present: Barry Nason, Dee Boeck, Gene Wee, Karen Hyde, John Huchingson, Janet Huchingson, Stacy Riggins, Don Cackler and Lori Cackler.
- Barry called the meeting to order.
- The minutes of the May 2012 meeting were accepted as published on the web site.
- Treasurer’s report: John reported a balance of $5853.76 as of Friday June 1st. That amount reflected the paid rental of Woodlawn School for the Thanksgiving Day Run.
- Thanksgiving Day Run: Gene distributed the budget which included projected fees and costs for a range of entry totals. In addition, he estimated an award cost of $500. In order to meet expenses and provide a donation to Woodlawn Elementary School, the fee for each runner will be $25/30. There was some discussion regarding a logo/design for a t-shirt. Dee said the entry form and possibly the runner’s vest would indicate the run’s designation as Kansas RRCA 5K of the year. The next preparation task is to obtain sponsors. Members present gave Dee several suggestions. She has a letter she will send to previous and new sponsors.
- Other business: Members discussed the impact of professional races upon established non-profit runs, especially in regards to respecting schedules. Dee said she has had a written correspondence with RRCA staff about these issues.
Club librarian Janet offered a selection of books and articles for members to check out.
Gene encouraged members to support Paul Boone’s run scheduled for June 9th to benefit his church’s ministry in the Philippines.
The Tonganoxie library has a certified run that day as well.
The Smoky Hill River Festival Fitness Five run is scheduled for June 9th too.
August meeting picnic plans will be finalized at the July meeting.
- Karen won the raffle.
- The meeting adjourned.