Meeting Minutes, Sunday, March 4, 2012 (approved 4/1/12)
Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 4:00 pm.
Members present: Barry Nason, John Huchinson, LaRisa Lochner, Gene Wee, Dee Boeck, Becky McClure, Celeste Leonardi, Don Cackler and Lori Cackler.
- Treasurer’s report: John reported a balance of $6207.51 as of March 1, 2012. He and Dee believe the donation to Liberty Memorial Middle School’s after school fitness program has cleared the account. John and Janet delivered the check a couple of weeks ago. They sent photos of the occasion to the Lawrence Journal World. Gene published one photo on the club website. John and Janet were greatly encouraged by the quality of the program and the participation of students and faculty.
- February minutes: Dee moved and John seconded that last month’s minutes be approved as published.
- Thanksgiving Day Run update: Dee continues to research unique, affordable registrant oblation alternatives. There was some discussion regarding possibly including gloves, headbands, reflective vests, personal lights, tee shirts or socks. Members offered to assist with ideas. The consensus was to continue to provide tee shirts to volunteers designed by a Woodlawn student. Dee will need to order new age group medals. The RRCA has designated this year’s run “RRCA 2012 State Championship 5K." Gene said the Topeka Rescue Run was given that honor in 2011 and there was not a significant impact upon their number of entries (553 finishers in 2011, 526 in 2010). He anticipated the entry of some more competitive runners. Members suggested we use a logo indicating the RRCA’s attention to our event.
- Other business: Dee has obtained an Asics catalog to consider price and style of a runLawrence singlet, shorts and jacket custom order. She will ask for samples for members to consider. Once the design is determined, members should be able to directly purchase from Francis Sporting Goods. Dee accepted donations of half, marathon, and triathalon medals for a hospital program that gives them to children.
- New business: Gene said the club equipment has been reserved for seven events between now and July 7, 2012. The Trail Hawks would like to make rental of runLawrence race equipment a permanent arrangement. The Hilltop Hustle will use a professional group for their final annual run April 28th.
- Mar 31 Dam Run 12K/5K
- Apr 14 Race Ipsa 5K
- May 5 Shoreline Shuffle (pending)
- May 19 St John’s 5K
- June 9 - 4 for Others 4 Mile
- June 16 Kansas Lymfighters 5K
- July 14 Horsethief Run
- Sept 29 - John Bunce/Mad Dogs Run
As per our club policy, a club member must accompany the equipment for each event. Gene would like members to volunteer for this responsibility.
- LaRisa won the raffle.
- Celeste moved and Don seconded that the meeting adjourn.