Meeting Minutes, Sunday, May 6, 2012 (approved 6/3/12)
Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 4:00 pm.
Members present: Gene Wee, Dee Boeck, Don Cackler, Lori Cackler, John Huchingson, Barry Nason, Celeste Leonardi, Becky McClure, Molly Wood, Karen Hyde and LaRisa Lochner.
- A thank you note from Michele Loomis of Liberty Memorial Middle School was shared.
- Treasurer’s Report: John said the current balance is $5993.76. The club recently purchased some equipment from Steve Riley; 8 finish cones and 15 orange safety vests.
- April minutes approval: Don moved to approve the minutes as distributed, Dee seconded.
- Thanksgiving Day 5K update:
Woodlawn has been reserved and pre-paid.
The runner’s packet will include runner vests.
Dee would like ideas for more sponsorships. Dee is in a discussion with a possible new sponsor.
Options for a local source for new awards were discussed.
Barry suggested the club consider displaying a banner with sponsor names. LaRisa will check with a resource she knows regarding cost.
Gene said the per runner cost would be higher this year. The vests for the runners will cost slightly more than last year’s thermo headbands. In order to maintain the traditional Woodlawn donation, prices may need to increase. There was some discussion of how to reduce expenses. Elimination/charging a fee for the volunteer t-shirt received some support. Celeste moved and Karen seconded that the club price the volunteer t-shirts at cost. There was one “no” vote.
- Club singlets: These should be at Francis Sporting Goods within a week. Members may try them on and there is no obligation to purchase. The store will reorder when the inventory is depleted.
- Gribble store discounts: As of May 1, the store discount is 10% on regularly priced shoes only.
- Comments on running events: Members discussed participation in recent events including the Kansas Half Marathon, Run4Cops and the Olathe Heart & Sole Run
- Please see the club web page for coming events.
- Other business: It was suggested that the club purchase the meat and attendees provide side dishes for the club picnic in August. runLawrence reimbursed the sponsors of the April 28th run because the clock quit working due (battery cells died).
- Becky won the drawing and the meeting adjourned.